Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Remembering through the years

Hi, it's me, Dana, and it's almost my first blogiversary for Cats and Cantaloupe! I can't believe it, time really does fly. Also, it's almost my second blogiversary for my other blog, Once Upon a Book, although I forgot about my first one and so I'm treating it extra special all the same.

I want to commemorate this special occasion when it's actually September, although I'll be very busy with school and whatnot.  Today I want to talk about something different.

I saw this picture online today, while randomly surfing the Internet, and it kind of made me really sad. I know that maybe a lot of you readers are laughing at this picture, but I hope not. I believe that you are all good people.


You know, I was talking about this with one of my friends the other day. About how under-represented girls with terminal illnesses and such are in pop culture, and young girls are especially un-exposed to it.

Is cancer so horrible that it would scar your child for life if he/she knew about it? No. Yes, it's scary, because it can kill people, but not scary like a monster. They would probably think that it's like a cold, or the flu, only on a (much) bigger scale.

But then again, there's the issue of marketability. And I'm not just talking about the actual character TV show/movie/whatever. Big companies need to market their products. Ugh.

See here's the problem, as I was saying to my friend. Parents would not want their children to go around saying, "I want to be just like ____ and be have no hair!" and stuff like that. Also as this person would probably not be a princess (or she could be), no costume to sell. So... yup.

The above picture made me really sad because it reminded me of Talia Joy Castellano. Rest in peace, beautiful angel <33.

Till next time,

xoxo dana

P.S. no poster. I was super busy with YouTube stuff. yep. I uploaded about like 5 videos today, took down two, and yeah. Busy busy day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana! I love your blog.. SO fancy! My blog,http://smileyfacegirl.blogspot.co.uk/
    Is no where near as good.
    SmileyFaceGirl xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting cats + cantaloupe! I'm so glad you came <3 Please take the time to leave a message-- your comments and thoughts are always appreciated! <3 I'll always reply :D