Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Characters and Books

Today the writing prompt is going to be....

Think about a fictional character, either one in a book you're reading / have read or a story you are writing.

Now here comes the challenge....

Based on the character's personality, name their favorite book / story. Remember, try not to use anything stated in the story.

For example, I was going to use one of my favorite books of all time, When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, but since it's stated in the story (many times actually) that the main character's favorite book is A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle, I have decided to use a secondary character, whose name is Annemarie.

Annemarie is a quiet, shy girl. She has epilepsy and has to eat a special diet, but for the sake of being "normal" she has hidden her epilepsy from her friends and got a job at the local sandwich shop. She throws away her "special" homemade lunch everyday for six weeks and eats sandwiches and soda (which is really bad for her) until one day she has a seizure during lunch period. So I would say she must want to fit in a lot to have to hide a disease from her best friend.

Because she wants to fit in and she has a disease, I would recommend Rules, by Cynthia Lord.

Good bye!

P.S. If you happen to find another book that you think would be more fitting for Annemarie, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting cats + cantaloupe! I'm so glad you came <3 Please take the time to leave a message-- your comments and thoughts are always appreciated! <3 I'll always reply :D