Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Thought for Today

In class for Lesson 4 we have been studying a translated section of Henry David Thoreau's Walden , so when I found this thought I decided that it would be appropriate for today!
What is the use of a fine house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on. -Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862)
 That IS inspiring, isn't it?

Now have a laugh at this creative-- and GREEN-- reuse of fabric:



This is one of the lovely scenes from The Sound of Music, the wonderful musical that's been turned into a movie and whatnot.

Maria (mom figure): The children need fabric for their clothes.
Captain (dad figure): No, they are fine.
~~~
Maid: I ordered new curtains.
Maria: Great!
(Maria takes the old curtains and makes them into clothes for the children.)
~~~
Captain: Do you mean to tell me that my children are running around in nothing but old drapes?
Maria (indignantly): I made them into clothes myself from the curtains in my bedroom!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is my favorite clip from The Sound of Music. I know that we started talking about Henry David Thoreau and somehow ended up at a wonderful musical, but still.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting cats + cantaloupe! I'm so glad you came <3 Please take the time to leave a message-- your comments and thoughts are always appreciated! <3 I'll always reply :D