Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Writer!

Hi y’all! Today I’m using Writer to compose this post! That’s pretty exciting, but some (maybe most?) of you guys don’t know what Writer is.

Well, the official name is Windows Live Writer, and it comes with the Windows Live Essentials pack (free! yay!). I found out about it when I was downloading Windows Live Movie Maker, which is also part of the Essentials pack. Anyway, this program immediately caught my eye. It’s like offline composing, and it’ll publish to your blog for you, and it’s a nice, easy to use interface, and it doesn’t have orange (!!!!!!) and also it lets you edit with your blog template (except for Google fonts like mine; more on that later).

The one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about Writer is the font problem, which of course could probably (in theory) be solved by downloading your default blog font from dafont.com or some other font library to your computer. Because my blog font, “Coming Soon,” is a Google font, it isn’t available on my PC (as of now). Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, because usually when composing in the Blogger window it shows your words in Times New Roman, and you see the final product in the Preview screen, or else after you’ve published the post. But, in the preview screen of Writer, it also shows everything in TNR. I have a gently and slowly decreasing hate for TNR, but it’s nevertheless still there.

So, sorry for my rant about fonts (some people don’t care, but I do not belong to that category of people). And, if you would, you can check out Writer online. It’s had no problems (thus far, which is like the time it took me to write this post Winking smile )

Oh, speaking of emoticons: Writer is great for this stuff! It provides you with emoticons while blogging. When I was trying to type ( d ) (without the spaces, duh) it turned into this: Martini glass, and when I was trying to type ( f ) it turned into the lovely Red rose.

So I would definitely recommend Writer to those of you in the blogosphere reading this. Thanks for reading and please leave a comment~! <3 thank you, it would make my day Open-mouthed smile

Note: I am not in any way affiliated with Windows or any of its partners. The opinions expressed in this blog post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting cats + cantaloupe! I'm so glad you came <3 Please take the time to leave a message-- your comments and thoughts are always appreciated! <3 I'll always reply :D